Sunday, March 2, 2008


This morning I found myself worrying again. It happens far more often than I care to admit. While we were praying at church this morning the thought came to me again that fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. I forget that sometimes. I hate how often and how easily I can slip into thinking in terms of worst case scenarios sometimes based on past hurts and sometimes just a product of a hyperactive imagination (being imaginative is a mixed blessing for sure). Overall my life is very blessed. I know it is not reasonable or healthy to fear the future. But knowing it and operating in the freedom from fear that truly walking in God's love provides are two very different things. I think the key is that I haven't been spending much, if any, quiet time with God lately. The kids are early risers and quiet is only in their repatoire when they are sick or sleeping. When they go to bed I'm still trying to get things done and never seem to have anything left for any type of "me" time. I have to give it more thought and figure out what areas could be more efficient and what things need to be cut out to make time. I once heard an old time minister quoted as saying something like "I have too much to do today not to take time to pray and seek God's wisdom". It's true. Time is too precious to waste it worrying. I've also heard time management experts say that it is never an issue of not having time to do the important things it is a matter of making time for them. So that's where I am right now. I need to do some restructuring of my day. I go through my house on a regular basis to purge things that we no longer use or need. I've just got to do the same thing with regards to my time...

No comments: