Monday, March 3, 2008

And now just as you have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to Him. Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done. Colossians 2:6-7 (NLT)

I got a book in the mail today that I had forgotten I ordered. The funny part is that it is a devotional book that looks like it is just what the doctor (The Great Physician) ordered. It's called Women at the Well and it is a compilation of several different authors including Betty Robinson, Lisa Bevere, CeCe Winans, Thelma Wells, and many other Christian women who wear a lot more hats than I do. It should be a very useful tool for not only restoring my devotional time but also for rebooting my perspective in general. I ordered it because Lisa Bevere was listed as the author (by mistake...or was it more like divine intervention just for me?) I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.
...anyway I'm thrilled and once again amused at how wonderfully God works in and through me in spite of myself.

No comments: